Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twix

I buy groceries on Sunday because I like routine. The seasonal section that last Saturday was packed with Halloween candy today was filled with Christmas candy and decorations. We seem to have missed Thanksgiving somehow. I was hoping to buy a piece of candy today because, well, I just wanted some chocolate, but it is too early for peanut butter Christmas trees. As delicious as they are, they shouldn't be eaten before Thanksgiving. So, after perusing the selection, I went with my sentimental favorite- the Twix bar. When I was little, my grandfather kept mini Twix bars at their house in their bedroom. Whenever I visited, he would give me one. Whenever I eat a Twix, I think of him. I don't eat Twix bars a lot, it seems a little strange to get teary eyed eating a candy bar. They're both with the Lord now (that's their picture below). What about you? What smell, sound or taste brings up some special sentimental memory?

1 comment:

  1. I have often wondered if our loved ones in heaven can look down and see us. I had one preacher tell me yes...but did not know the Bible verse that supported his theory. All I know, is that if your grandmama and papa are looking down from heaven they are smiling and praising God for giving them such a blessing in you. Thank you, for being such a blessing to me and your daddy too. We love you.

    ReplyDelete