Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Blog Post!

I am about to move 470 miles away (my mother calculated that) to attend a seminary. A friend suggested I start a blog so friends I won't get to see as regularly can keep in touch more easily. She said she'll read it, so I said I'd start it.

I don't know what this will end up being, if anything, but it will have to develop in time.

A couple common questions I am getting right now with my move preparation:

Why are you moving?
God has called me to attend seminary. The one He called me to is 470 miles away.

What will you study?
I plan to work on a MDiv in Worldview and Apologetics

Will you be a minister when you finish?
No, my denomination does not ordain women as ministers. I agree completely with this position, and I'm sure will either post a link or explain that further in the future.

What will you do when you finish seminary?
I am open to whatever God calls me to do. I would love to work outside the U.S. I heard a couple of weeks ago that approximately 1.6 billion people have never heard that Jesus died to provide eternal salvation for all who will believe in Him. If you're a Christian, I hope that number takes your breath away.
If I don't leave the U.S., I would love to work with women in difficult situations, children, or with the poor in general. God calls us to serve one another.
I believe that whatever God calls me to do, He will give me the passion for that task.

Thanks for reading and for bearing with me while I learn how to operate this blog!

Because of His grace,

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Amanda. Do you know that you are an exceptional woman? Your friendship has brought me closer to Christ.I miss you already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may plan our course, but I know God determines our steps! Whatever Jesus has planned for you...just know you are loved and supported.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amanda! God has so much in store for you. He is going to us you to do GREAT things for his glory! I can't wait to read about the journey you are about to begin.

    ReplyDelete